10. If you use the bathroom any time after 10am, the water is so hot after running for 3 seconds that if you don’t wash in that amount of time, you will literally burn you’re a** off.
9. You turn off the water heater to create a reservoir of cool water. Thus, the “cold” tap is used for hot water and the “hot” tap for cold.
8. You can guess a person’s heritage by the B.O. bouquet they leave behind them from the food they eat. And don’t get all uppity and insulted in the comments, in 40C+ weather (120F) EVERYONE stinks despite O.D.’ing on perfume! The stink is universal, just the nuances of an individuals parfum differs from group to group. Examples:
· Egyptians, Levantines, and many Hijazis-garlic
· Indonesian-Indomie and chilli
· E.P.’s-Fried fish with onion
· Me- all of the above (I’m just guessing since I eat all those foods. It’s hard to smell your own B.O. unless your Mary Katherine Gallagher from SNL-that’s for u DF)
7. You add at least one additional shower to your daily routine and afterwards apply so much powder, your entire torso becomes white in an effort to stave off above mentioned B.O. for a while.
6. You shave your cat thus, completely freaking out your child who thinks some kind of monstrous rat has invaded the house.
5. Life is evident in city streets just after the crack of dawn or around sunset. The rest of the time, the city is dead.
4. Before driving you don’t let the car run to warm it up, you turn it on ahead of leaving to cool it down.
3. Cotton! Oh wonderful, hideous, shapeless, cotton kamees- how I love thee!
2. You can wring out your burga after removing it.
1. And the number one way you know summer has hit in Saudia….(drumroll please)
You’re making reservations to be anywhere other than Saudia!
Since we don't have an oil well in our backyard and lack funds to travel...here's how we're keeping cool.