Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Update on the pursuit of my degree

Don't worry...I'm not goofing off. Put the whip back Hema!


I temporarily don't have access to several resources, crucial to my dissertation, so I thought I'd take a few hours break and write something fun for a change.


Update #1: Buddy's fever is gone now and despite how deathly ill he appeared at first, he only got about 2 dozen spots on his body. And his babba decided to shave his head to make his hair grow in thicker.


Update #2: I actually think I may be able to get my dissertation done. At some point, after I'm finished, I'm going to detail the uphill struggle it's been. Unfortunately, it's shared by many mothers all over the world but even more acutely by women in Saudi Arabia.


Update#3: Ramadan is due to start and since I'm trying to finish up my paper, the month is going to be completely ruined for me as well as affecting my family. For all of my non-Muslim readers, just imagine working through Christmas on through New Years while everyone around you is celebrating. It's gonna bite.


I'd like to take a moment to thank Cairogal and Hema for their support with my studies...it helps to have people backing you up:)

5 comments:

Susan said...

You WILL finish, and it will be the last Ramadan you have to think about this damndissertation (one word in my house)!

Amoola said...

Will make dua that you finish soon sis. I know what a pain it is studying and juggling husband, kids and home! Been there, done that,I just finished up at the beginning of september!

erm...ok wont rub the fact that I'm finished in...lol.

It'll be over sooooooon, bi idhnillah :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck in this trying period.

I have a mini-dissertation that I should (theoretically) be working on and you have tonnes more discipline than I do.

Anonymous said...

Daisy,
I have enjoyed reading your comments espeically about your dissertationa and ramadan. I hear ya.....,I am working on my dissertation at the moment (I defend on Oct 26th)and furiously cooking for my husband for ramadan. I enjoy your blog. Keep up the good work inshallah.

Saudi Stepford Wife-Daisy said...

thanks for your support everyone...and good luck anon on Oct 26, I'll make duaa for you on this day:)